HT01 - Use of SDN in an NFV architectural framework
Understand the use case scenario and the impact on the NFV architectural framework of combining NFV with SDN. Illustrate the use cases, describe some typical design patterns and derive some lessons learnt and some requirements.
What is expected to be learnt from the NFV PoCs
Points to prove/refute
• What are the different ways to use SDN in an NFV architectural framework?
• What are the main limitations?
• What has been made in the PoC(s) to overcome those limitations?
• Updates to suggest to NFV architectural framework if any?
• Updates to suggest to SDN SDO or OpenSource?
Criterion of success
• Understanding how would be the most appropriate use of SDN in an NFV architectural framework and identify potentially missing features to discuss with ETSI NFV and the SDN SDO and Open Source.
Technical information to be provided by the PoC Team
• SDN Controller being used
• SDN protocols being used
• Overall architecture and use case descriptions
• Specifics on the issues faced
• Specifics on the solutions provided
• Specifics on the lessons learnt
PoC Teams shall follow the HT#1 Feedback Template on their contributions to Hot Topic#1
EVE005 Rapporteur: Marie-Paule Odini, HP Marieemail@example.com
Contributions (feedback) deadline
2015 Q2 (NFV#11)