HT02 - Test Methodology for NFV
This Hot Topic has the following goals:
- Validate and improve the Test Methodology guidelines and templates being described in TST001 and TST002.
- Compile a collection of examples of the application of such guidelines and templates in the context in NFV PoCs : Systems Under Test configurations, Test Descriptions, etc,
These goals may be met in a PoC whose focus is testing, or as additional goals for a PoC primarily addressing another topic.
What is expected to be learnt from the NFV PoCs
Points to prove/refute
• TST001- Pre deployment validation (http://docbox.etsi.org/ISG/NFV/TST/70-DRAFT/TST001/) a. validate and suggest improvements to SUT configurations b. validate and suggest improvements for the Test Description template c. provide descriptions (following the Test Description template) of pre-deployment scenarios successfully tested by the PoC Team in a reproducible way • TST002 – Interoperability Test Methodology (http://docbox.etsi.org/ISG/NFV/TST/70-DRAFT/TST002/) a. validate and suggest improvements for the Test Description template (section 4) b. identify the functions under test in the context of the PoC c. provide the list of interoperability features tested by the PoC, and the impacted entities (see http://nfvprivatewiki.etsi.org/index.php?title=IOP_Methodology) d. Provide SUT configurations tested by the PoC Team following the guidelines in section 4. Identify the test interfaces (where actions are triggered and observed) e. provide descriptions (following the Test Description template) of interoperability features successfully tested by the PoC Team in a reproducible way
Criterion of success
• Provide input and concrete examples to at least one of the 2 WIs (TST001 or TST002)
Provide feedback to other NFV Working Groups on the items that have been validated by the testing and/or the gaps identified in the specifications.
Technical information to be provided by the PoC Team
• TST001 a. SUT configurations (as exercised by the POC) b. Pre-deployment validation Test Descriptions (run by the POC, following TD template) • TST002 a. SUT configurations (as exercised by the POC) b. List of NFV IOP Features tested by the POC project c. IOP Test Descriptions (run by the POC, following TD template) • Lessons learnt and suggestions for improvements in the methodologies • A feedback template is provided for each WI (attached)
PoC Teams shall follow the HT#1 Feedback Template on their contributions to Hot Topic#1
• TST WG – TST001, • TST WG – TST002
NFV TST vice-chair: Marie-Paule Odini, HP Mariefirstname.lastname@example.org
Contributions (feedback) deadline