The NFV HoT Topics concept has been created to complement the NFV PoC Framework with the following aspects:
• Improve the connection of NFV ISG specs with practical implementations in general and proofs of concept (PoCs) in particular.
• Enhance the relevance of PoC contributions to ISG NFV objectives and deliverables.
• Identify common concerns of different NFV ISG Working groups and focus on insights that might be useful to move forward.
NFV Hot Topics are identified, documented and consolidated by the ISG NFV Working Groups. Learn more about NFV Hot Topics
Current Hot Topics
The following Hot Topics are currently active in the ISG NFV:
• HT#1 (EVE): Use of SDN in NFV architecture
• HT#2 (TST): Test methodology for NFV
• HT#3 (REL): End-to-End fault correlation
• HT#4 (SEC): Lawful Interception
|Hot Topic #||Hot Topic Title||Status||WG||WI||Deadline||PoC Feedback Template||Link||Addresses by PoCs|
|HT#1||Use of SDN in NFV Architecture||Active||EVE||EVE005||Q2 2015||HT#1 PoC FB Template||HT#1 (EVE) Use of SDN in NFV architecture|
|HT#2||Test Methodology for NFV||Active||TST||TST001, TST002||Q3 2015||HT#2 (TST) Test Methodology for NFV|
|HT#3||End-to-End Fault Correlation||Active||REL||REL004||HT#3 (REL) End-to-End Fault Correlation|
|HT#4||Lawful Interception||Active||SEC||SEC004, SEC009||Q2 2016||HT#4 (SEC) Lawful Interception|
Addressing a Hot Topic in a PoC
1. PoC teams interested in addressing a given hot topic will explicitly reflect it in their PoC Proposal (Section 2.5 – Expected PoC Contribution) by:
• Mentioning the Hot Topic that they want to address
• Committing in the PoC proposal to provide the information requested in the Hot Topic description
• Committing in the PoC proposal to notify the concerned WIs once the expected results are available in the form of a contribution (no need to wait until the final PoC Report is available). Some Hot Topics may provide a template to be filled in as part of this contribution.
• In case a PoC addresses more than one Hot Topic, the above procedure will apply for each of them.
2. The PoC Proposal will follow the regular procedure described in the PoC Framework for its acceptance. During the formal review of the PoC Proposal it will also be checked whether the information requested by the Hot Topic is effectively committed in the PoC Proposal. Once accepted, the PoC will be marked in the wiki as “WORKING on Hot Topic”.
3. On-going PoC Projects can also commit to address a Hot Topic and provide the requested information by submitting a revision of their PoC Proposal according to the above.
Feeding back the results
1. Once experimental results relevant for a given Hot Topic are available, the PoC Team will be in charge of creating a contribution and informing the affected WI (or WIs) and their WGs (if the Hot Topic had a specific template for feedback contributions, it should be used).
2. The WI/WG might require further clarifications to the PoC team until the PoC feedback is considered formally complete and useful for the targeted WI GS.
2. Once the PoC feedback has been completed by the concerned WG/WI, the PoC will be marked in the wiki as “CONTRIBUTOR to Hot Topic”.