HT03 - End-to-End Fault Correlation
Understanding of multi-level fault correlation techniques for NFV fault identification, localization, and root cause analysis.
What is expected to be learnt from the NFV PoCs
Points to prove/refute
- What architectural choices for fault correlation exist and what are their benefits?
- Where (in which components) to place local correlation entities?
- What are the main limitations?
- What has been made in the PoC(s) to overcome those limitations?
- Updates to suggest to NFV architectural framework if any?
Criterion of success
• Fault localization and identification of various challenges on the different layers of the NFV reference architecture within a pre-defined time limits
Technical information to be provided by the PoC Team
- What faults and challenges on the various levels have been addressed by the PoC?
- Does the solution require active, passive or hybrid monitoring?
- What extensions are required for the existing NFV components to propagate fault notifications and alarms for effective fault correlation?
PoC Teams shall follow the HT#3-Feedback Template on their contributions to Hot Topic#3
=Coordinator=Stegan Arntzen (Huawei) Stefan.Arntzen@huawei.com
Contributions (feedback) deadline