The NFV HoT Topics concept has been created to complement the NFV PoC Framework with the following aspects:
• Improve the connection of NFV ISG specs with practical implementations in general and proofs of concept (PoCs) in particular.
• Enhance the relevance of PoC contributions to ISG NFV objectives and deliverables.
• Identify common concerns of different NFV ISG Working groups and focus on insights that might be useful to move forward.
NFV Hot Topics are identified, documented and consolidated by the ISG NFV Working Groups. Learn more on NFV Hot Topics
Current Hot Topics
A number of Hot Topic Proposals have been submitted during NFV#10 and will listed here soon.
Addressing a Hot Topic in a PoC
1. PoC teams interested in addressing a given hot topic will explicitly reflect it in their PoC Proposal (Section 2.5 – Expected PoC Contribution) by:
• Mentioning the Hot Topic that they want to address
• Committing in the PoC proposal to provide the information requested in the Hot Topic description
• Committing in the PoC proposal to notify the concerned WIs once the expected results are available in the form of a contribution (no need to wait until the final PoC Report is available).
• In case a PoC addresses more than one Hot Topic, the above procedure will apply for each of them.
2. The PoC Proposal will follow the regular procedure described in the PoC Framework for its acceptance. During the formal review of the PoC Proposal it will also be checked whether the information requested by the Hot Topic is effectively committed in the PoC Proposal. Once accepted, the PoC will be marked in the wiki as “WORKING on Hot Topic”.
3. On-going PoC Projects can also commit to address a Hot Topic and provide the requested information by submitting a revision of their PoC Proposal according to the above.
Feeding back the results
1. Once experimental results relevant for a given Hot Topic are available, the PoC Team will be in charge of creating a contribution and informing the affected WI (or WIs) and their WGs. Some Hot Topics may provide a template to be filled in as part of this contribution. The WI/WG might require further clarifications to the PoC team until the PoC feedback is considered formally complete and useful for the targeted WI GS.
2. Once the PoC feedback has been completed, the WI/WG will report TST WG along to the rest of concerned WGs so that the PoC can be marked in the wiki as “CONTRIBUTOR to Hot Topic”.